Monday, November 3, 2008

Student Charles Bartley and the SVDP-ALC Antarctic Writing Contest


Here is some of what student Charles Bartley wrote for our writing contest about John Miller's adventure, staying in the Amundsen tent replica at South Pole a few weeks ago.


Dear John Miller:

I don't know what it is like to stay in a tent outdoors in the cold, but is it like being in a freezer? But, John, I'd like to let you know you have shown me so much by what you are doing in Antarctica. I would like to thank you, and one day I would like to do something as meaningful. I know you lead the prayer service. on Sundays, and I would like to say prayers for you and the other USAP members at South Pole.

Take Care,
Charles Bartley
Well done, Charles. We know that John will like reading that fine letter.
(Note: The photo is of the sunset at South Pole sent to us by our pen pal Weeks Heist, USAP.)
-- Adrian

No comments: