Monday, November 3, 2008

100 Posts to the SVDP-ALC Blog !!















Well, a milestone has been reached: I have just written the 100th post to this blog -- http://www.svdpalc.blogspot.com/ We have come a long way in our little blog since we went online in February 2008. We have told you about our school, our teachers, volunteers, and students. We recalled Hurricane Katrina and told you about our evacuations during Hurricane Gustav. We told you about the life of Miss Kitty and the Socrates of Loyola (both of whom died after Katrina). And, of course, we told you about the exciting story of our pen pal program with the U.S. Antarctic Program. Furthermore, we have lots of student writings now on our blog. And there's plenty more where all this came from...
Take note of the two photos on this post; they are Katrina-related. (Of course, everything in New Orleans is Katrina-related...) The first is of a map and a globe of the Earth; these come to the SVDP-ALC school courtesy of, and in the memory of, Isabella B. McGrath. Geography is a MAJOR subject at our school. The other photo is of me (taken by my brother-in-law Chris Smith) when I was in Katrina Exile in Chatham, Virginia. I was playing Irish music for a Christmas party at the old museum there which was built in the 1800's. It was a wonderful museum with many items from the Revolutionary War, Civil War, and from Native American history. I made a lot of good friends in Chatham.
I think somebody should bake me a cake or a pie after writing 100 posts for this blog, what do you think? I like German chocolate cake and pecan pie best. Please write in to the blog and ask someone to bake me a cake or a pie. Thank you...
-- Adrian

No comments: