Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tropical Storm Ana: My "Peaceful" Farewell


Well, folks, I had hoped to have a peaceful and reflective farewell to the SVDP-ALC blog as I finish my role as blog manager on this Tuesday.
BUT ...
This is New Orleans. So, now we have a new tropical storm and soon-to-be hurricane to deal with. It is Ana. As you can see from the NOAA chart, it looks like we will be soon in the "cone of uncertainty."
Somehow since Katrina, I have always felt like I lived in the "cone of uncertainty." Of that, yes, I am certain -- certain uncertainty.
What will happen now? Who knows? You can keep an eye on the storm by going to www.nhc.noaa.gov and check for Ana. (Maybe our friends in McMurdo, Antarctica are watching this now via satellite?)
What a way to finish up my two years of post-Katrina Literacy AmeriCorps! Last year was Hurricane Gustav and Ike, and now comes Ana. Sometimes I just don't know what to say anymore...
--Adrian

No comments: