Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bridge Photos at the Literacy AmeriCorps National Conference in Pittsburgh


































These are some photos I took around town during a free moment. Most of the time we were in seminars or at the service project saving trees at Highland Park, but when I got a chance, I took some photos. The photos of the bridges I took from the Incline; this is a gondola or lift that goes up the side of a very steep hill called Mt. Washington. I had a habit of calling ALL the terain in Pittsburgh which was not totally flat a "mountain" because in New Orleans everything is totally flat except for the highest point in town, which is about 8 feet high, "Monkey Hill" in the Audubon Park Zoo. The other photo, which I took from inside our van as we drove to Highland Park and the service project, is of the Heinz football stadium. I remember the days when the stadium there was called Three Rivers Stadium (where the Allegheny and Monongahela turn into the Ohio); this was where Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Lynn Swann used to play ball back in the 70's. I followed the Steelers because Bradshaw was from, of course, Louisiana.--Adrian

No comments: