Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hurricane Gustav Evacuation






Here is the home where I stayed for my Hurricane Gustav evacuation (the lovely white house with the porch). It is the family farm house of Sr. Kathleen's family in the Louisiana countryside about 40 miles from Baton Rouge. The other, more rustic looking building is also on the farm grounds and is a very old building. Doesn't it look great!! Historians would love to see this. It is an old barn with a corncrib nearby (see post below for more info). My thanks again to Sr. Kathleen, Sr. Lory, Mal Bahlinger and the Bahlinger Family, and the nuns at St. Joseph Convent in Baton Rouge for helping me in my Hurricane Gustav evacuation.
-- Adrian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening,
I happened upon this site and it was a sweet surprise to see a photo of "Madonna Pines"! My brother, Mal, told me about the stay during the storm. Glad you all were able to stay safe at such a beautiful place. Last weekend I visited with Sr. Lory and Aunt Kathleen at their home. We enjoyed catching up with each other. All the best for the new Learning Center. We will continue to keep everyone in prayer.
Peace and Blessings,
Regina Bahlinger QuiƱones