Saturday, September 6, 2008

Endless Hurricanes


Well, I just got back from my Hurricane Gustav evacuation; I stayed with a relative of Sr. Kathleen's at their family farm in the Louisiana country side northwest of Baton Rouge. I will post a couple of photos from this event on the blog soon. Sr. Lory and Sr. Kathleen are safe, and they will return to New Orleans probably this weekend.
At left we see a map from nhc.noaa.gov (National Hurricane Center at National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration). As you can see it tells us that New Orleans is in the 5-day "cone of uncertainty" for this latest hurricane.
I don't know how much more of this the people of New Orleans can stand. We were still recovering from Katrina. Then came Rita. The recovery continued, then came Gustav this week. Now comes -- perhaps next week-- Hurricane Ike. Hurricane Josephine is also at sea and approaching the Caribbean Sea from the Atlantic. Endless hurricanes...
-- Adrian

No comments: