Sunday, February 17, 2008

Plan for Weekly Updates

We hope in the future to update our blog at least once per week on Fridays, with more updates as needed. So stay tuned each weekend for an update.

This past Friday Sr. Lory and I attended a special training class at Delgado Community College here in New Orleans. It dealt with ABE (adult basic education) testing and was quite informative. This was done in conjunction with our Literacy*AmeriCorps New Orleans group. We learned a lot there and hope this will help us at our school.

At some future date I will explain my background a bit and tell how I came to be a teacher of ABE at SVDP-ALC. But for now, suffice to say, I am an AmeriCorps member and blog manager for this blog.

Other things of interest to our readers we hope to post in the near future will include 1. an overview of what we teach and why this is so important to our community, 2. a student writings section where we will post essays written by our students, 3. updates and information about our school, and 4. feeback and contributed essays from friends of SVDP-ALC.

And we will post more photos too if I can get my camera to work right.

Thanks and Happy Blogging,
Adrian McGrath, Blog Manager

No comments: